Friday, October 1, 2010

C4K Summary #1

It's ALL About ME.
The name of the student I was assigned to was Alberto. While reading his "About Me" blog post, I realized we had a lot of similarities. He is from Mexico, which is a place I have always wanted to visit, but now lives in Missouri. I also have family in Missouri and thought it was cool to be randomly assigned to someone and have family that lives near them. Alberto said he loved computers, and that me think he was really smart! He also said math was his strong point in school and mine is as well. In my comment to him I encouranged him to stay strong in math because if he's good at it now, work will only be easier for him in the future. I also told him a little about myself and what we had in common.

The next post from Alberto I commented on was his "Learning Manifesto" post.  In this post he set goals for himself as a student. I thought this was a great way to get students thinking process geared for success. Since Alberto stated he enjoyed computers then I'm sure doing his goals on a blog was easy for him. My favorite goal he mentioned was to his homework as soon as it was given to him. I stressed in my comment that by doing this the homework would go by faster because the knowledge would still be fresh on his brain. I could use some of his goals as a student in college so I also suggested he keep these goals throughout his life as a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment