Friday, October 22, 2010

Blog Post #9

What I Have Learned This Year
Learning Symbol.
   Mr. McClung made some really good points! As a future educator, I found them very helpful. Knowing ahead of time that the lesson you plan is not the same as the lesson you teach is helpful because you don't set yourself up for dissapointment. The lesson you teach may be better than one you plan. Also, being reasonable is another that hit me hard. Accepting that not every student will make a 100 on every test is not something teachers really think about in the beginning. When he amde the point about not being afraid of technology, it made me think about all the teachers who received smartboards this year but had never seen one before. Experiencing new things is somethng teachers deal with on a daily basis. Another one was listening to your students. I encounter this now because I work at a daycare, and sometimes the only person who listens to them is their teacher. I also agree with him on the point teachers should never stop learning. This ties in a little with not being afraid of technology. Being a teacher does not mean you are constantly teaching, you are also learning from your students and co-workers. I really enjoyed this post, and I believe he did a great job putting it together.

1 comment:

  1. The lesson you teach may be better than you one you plan. If I were to add anything to his list, it would be that we have a responsibility to remember that students can teach us as much as we can teach them. They have the beautiful perspective of seeing the world without all of our experiences that can cause prejudice or jaded perspectives. Let's take advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete