Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blog Post #8

This is how we dream: Part 1 & 2
This video was a lot to take in. I did not understand all of it at first. Part 2 was my favorite of the two because it seemed a bit more simple than the first. The way the video was put together was good. My only problem with it was when it showed certain computer screens, I could not see anything but the pictures. I just wish it was a bit more clear.
He said that computer and composition were ways to push ideas into our culture, why wouldn't we be a the front edge of that? I agree, why wouldn't we? We should be. We should try everything possible to push ideas into our different cultures. By pushing ideas, we could learn more about different cultures which is desperately needed in America.
I am not ready for multimedia writing if it is the same as he is showing. I am okay with technology now, but I'm not great. This is something my students will be doing by the time I graduate; therefore, I NEED to learn. This class has taught me more about technology in 3 months than I ever learned throughout my life. Writing in Multimedia is something I will be looking further into before I graduate.
The Chipper Series and EDM310 for Dummies
Everything for Dummies Book.All the present/future talk in the beginning of the Chipper Series confused me a little bit. I am pretty sure the Chipper Series is about not turning things in late because throughout the whole video they discuss being late. I feel the video was proper for this time of year since, according to our class blog, many people are beginning to slack.
EDM310 for Dummies just about sums up how I felt when I started this class. I was scared I would turn things in late, but not anymore. I have gotten used to the class and the scheduling of when I do my work. I have not turned in anything late, and do NOT plan to either! One suggestion I will make about the video is in from the comment section. THE BOOK WOULD SALE! I would have bought it at the beginning of class without a doubt.
Dumb Smartboards?
I personally like the smartboard! During my field experience I was placed in the first grade inclusion class. Since special needs children do better with visuals, the smartboard was a GRAND idea. They can see everything and anyone with bad eye sight could see as well because it is much larger screen. People say that money is big issue, and I agree, but why not spend money on something that will help the children of today be better adults for tomorrow. The money of our community should go to help schools and students. I have included a link to a blog that argues why smartboards are helpful inside the classroom. I hope you can see the that positive out weighs the negative.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post Kayla!

    My main position on the smartboard debate is that its just like anything else, everyone has an opinion and people will debate just about anything. But comparing the smartboard to the chalkboard is about like comparing picking cotton by hand to using the cotton gin, it defies common sense. The smartboard is a great tool and its effectiveness depends on the user. If the teacher has an open minded and creative attitude it will be extremely beneficial for all who are involved. If the teacher is not open minded and has a negative attitude about the smartboard it will be useless. It is as simple as that.

    Your blog looks great. Love the Everything for Dummies Graphic! SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kayla! I like your responses to blog post 8. I really got a kick out of "EDM310 For Dummies" too! I also think that smartboards are an extremely valuable tool for the classroom! Your blog looks amazing, keep up the hard work!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete