Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

How Kids Teach Themselves
Children Teaching a class.I believe if learners are motivated that they can teach themselves. I also do not think age matters. If a child is old enough to read then I think they can learn anything they want to as long as they are motivated and wanting to learn. In order for someone to teach themselves, I think, they need to be interested in the subject. Most people are not going to be motivated to do something unless it is something they are interested in. They also need to the resources, if someone wants to learn the computer then they need a computer. The internet has made this possible. Almost anywhere in the world, the internet is available. Children and adults can Google anything they want, which means they can learn anything they want. The internet also allows anyone to receive resources from anywhere in the world. The problem with this is that some places do not get access to the internet. Do these cultures just not learn? I believe they do, but in a different way. They use their own resources and learn to improve their own culture. I teach myself all the time with this class. Labs are available but I do not go to them all the time. I feel you learn more when you teach yourself because what I have been shown to do, I have sometimes forgotten; However, what I have shown myself to do, I still remember because I had to work to learn it. This video makes me wonder if teachers are still really needed. With technology rising they way it is, it provides new ways to teach ourselves, but who teaches us to use the new technology? It's a cycle that will probably go on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment