Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blog Post #5

Podcast with Headphones
Well first of all, WOW! Eagle's Nest Radio was great! All of their podcasts were really good and interesting too. Langwitches made me want to switch from using audacity to garbageband. If they can use if quickly in a classroom then I would like to try it. I also did not know that there were so different things available for your ipod towards learning. I will be looking more into these options since I own an iPhone. If I ever do a podcast again I will put music in the background. This way background noise is eliminated and the music could go along with the topic. I listened to the Eagle's Nest Radio podcast on Rome and learned a lot. It was interesting, and I was glad to hear that the students recorded themselves. Technology was being used and the students were still leaning. I will try podcasts in my classroom as well.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Kayla!

    I had the same reaction when I first visited "Eagles Nest Radio", "WOW". Those kids are awesome. The idea of podcasting is really exciting to the students and therefore gets them fully engaged in the learning process. They provably don't even realize half of what they have learned. I mean the "incidental learning", like team work, speaking into the microphone, speaking clearly, etc. These skills will stay with them for the rest of their lives.

    Your blog looks great. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete