Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

Google Squared helps educationally because it gives a nice, easy to read chart which makes things easier to compare. By allowing you to add anything to the search chart, it broadens your availability. This way you don't have to constantly go back and forth to different websites for statistics. It also gives you the source of which it received its information which makes references easy to find. WolframAlpha is a little more specific with its searches. Instead of giving a wide variety, it gives a few at a time. WolframAlpha was easier to read for me, and I did prefer it over Google Squared because it seemed more organized. Both of these search engines help educationally because provide charts, sources, and specific information instead of just websites. 
I have never heard of either of these search engines until this assignment; however, I will be using them more often now. I would not change my comment on "Did You Know? 3.0" because although the video gave a lot of statistics, they were very specific ones. I will change the way I view and react to statistics. I knew China had a bigger population than the United Stated, but I wasn't aware of just how big the gap was. I will use Google Squared and WolframAlpha to compare what I hear, and maybe even compare what I see from their results.
Pitcairn Islands Map

No comments:

Post a Comment