Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summary #1

Magic Trackpad
My first teacher blog was about trackpads. I wasn't sure what a trackpad was but she explained it in her blog. She also pointed out that using a trackpad allowed the teachers to be more involved in the classroom. The students could also use the trackpad and the teacher was able to walk around the room instead of standing at the front the whole time. I commented that I had never seen a trackpad, but would be interested in using them in my classroom. I also stated that the trackpad was a useful tool for teachers because students did need to be more involved.
The second blog my assigned teacher wrote about was an earthquake in a place close to her heart. She used this experience to explain the advance in information technology. She told the story of how she found out about it through Twitter and Facebook rather than just the news. I commented on this blog stating that I was sorry to hear about the earthquake but I was glad she could use the experience to explain the advance in technology. In her blog she said that she didn't think paid professionals could have produced a page as fast as the ordinary people on Wikipedia did. I agreed with her on this because, like I said in my comment, my teachers never let us use Wikipedia because ordinary people could edit pages. In both of my comments I left a link to my blog so that hopefully she could look at it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla - thanks so much for commenting on my blog posts.

    Isn't this an amazing world where we can have meaningful communication like this over vast distances. Something that I didn't mention but is interesting to note about the wikipedia article is the list of sources on that page is almost longer than the article - a sign of a well researched piece of writing.

    Thanks for taking an interest in my blog. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time at university.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla,

    My name is Darlene Staimpel and I am in EDM310 this semester and I am assigned to your blog. You did a good job on the summary. I have never heard of a trackpad so this gave me some new information. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete