Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blog Post #1

A Wordle based on a short paragraph about Kayla Salas.

My name is Kayla Salas, and I am a junior majoring in Elementary Education. This is my first semester taking classes in the College of Education, and I am on the “new” program so it is a little nerve wrecking, but I am still very excited to finally get to this point. I graduated from Mary G. Montgomery High School in 2008, and I have lived in Semmes, Alabama all my life and hope to change that after graduation. I have an older sister who is a nursing major here at South, and a younger brother who plays football for Semmes Middle School. My boyfriend, Lee Jenkins, and I have been together for almost two years now, and he is a senior at the University of Mobile majoring in secondary education.
When I was seventeen I began working at my current job, Moffett Road Baptist Child Development Center. I am an afternoon caregiver to thirteen three year olds and during the Summer I teach the K3 curriculum in the mornings. I absolutely love my job, and it makes me even more excited to become a teacher. I chose elementary education as my major because I want to help make a difference in the lives of younger generations. Outside of school and work, I attend Orchard Assembly of God where I volunteer in the two year old nursery. Teaching is something I have wanted to do since the second grade, and I am thrilled to start living that dream.

2 comments:

  1. It is good to see that you are already getting experience at teaching and working with younger kids. It is easy to see your passion for wanting to be involved in elementary education, and that is a great thing. Also, congratulations on you and your boyfriend, 2 years is impressive at our age these days. Enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete